PROSTAR™ 900 ENGINE
Specifically built for extreme performance Side x Sides, the Polaris ProStar™ 900 engine delivers 88 HP, the highest in the industry. It features Dual Overhead Cams (DOHC), 4 large valves per cylinder for high-RPM power and dual throttle bodies located close to the intake valves. The ProStar™ 900 delivers fast throttle response, groundbreaking power and revolutionary acceleration. There’s plenty of power to carry 4 people even in sand and other power-robbing terrain.
Without a doubt, it’s the fastest accelerating 4-seat Side x Side available, and fast acceleration equals big smiles and a fun ride for 4. This revolutionary acceleration is made possible by the powerful 88 HP engine and low total vehicle weight -- creating an incredible power-to-weight ratio -- plus massive power to the ground.
LIGHT, COMPACT TRANSMISSION
The transmission is specifically designed to optimize power from the Polaris ProStar™900 engine. The innovative, lightweight design features a helical cut final drive with optimized gear geometry to maximize efficiency, even at high torque-loads. That means huge power that is efficiently delivered to the ground with minimal driveline noise.
3-LINK TRAILING ARM
The 3-Link Trailing Arm IRS creates the smoothest, most precise ride in the industry. It’s a proven, durable design, with no excess parts to add weight. It features two rear control arms and a far forward-connecting trailing arm, resulting in a strong yet lightweight system. The industry-first standard 2.5” body Premium Walker Evans™ rear shocks provide the extra volume needed to dissipate heat and provide an incredible 14” of suspension travel to soak up the bumps and whoops.
The wheelbase of the 4-seat RZR XP 4 900 is has been lengthened to accommodate the extra seats. That extra wheelbase works to smooth out the bumps and whoops for the absolute best off-road ride for 4. And because it’s paired with the 3-link Trailing Arms IRS, you and your passengers get a fast, flat ride that lets you ride longer and maximize the fun.
HIGH GROUND CLEARANCE
The 3-Link Trailing Arm IRS and Premium Walker Evans™ shocks work together to create an astounding 12.5” of ground clearance. Whether you’re riding solo or in a group of 4, you ride with greater confidence, clearing rocks, bumps, ruts and obstacles that other off-road vehicles cannot.
LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY
RZR XP 4 900 delivers a low center of gravity. The engine-behind-the-seat design keeps the engine weight and the driver low and centralized in the chassis. This results in the most agile, responsive ride over rough terrain and unmatched cornering.
ON-DEMAND TRUE ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
On-Demand True AWD gives you the ultimate in traction, gripping the terrain to take you and your passengers through the corners, whoops and loose sand. It’s the fastest responding on-demand system, automatically engaging and sending power to all 4 wheels when you need more forward traction, and reverting back to 2WD when you don’t.
ULTIMATE CORNERING CONTROL
To provide precise cornering, the suspension’s radius rods extend deep into the wheel hubs and feature an uneven link geometry that optimizes camber. This allows the tires to lean into the corner through the suspension travel, and plant more tire surface on the ground for maximum control.
- * Industry first factory LED headlights shine a high-intensity bright white beam to turn night into day, and throw light forward far beyond conventional halogens
- * Everyone rides in comfort, thanks to adjustable and interchangeable bucket seats, plus the adjustable front passenger handrail and full rear passenger handrail. Comfortable drive operations is enhanced by tilt steering with the highest range of motion (10").
- * Performance dual bore brake calipers and large diameter ventilated rotors on all four wheels provide the stopping power extreme sport riders need.
- * Rear cargo box with 300-lb. capacity with lock & ride accessory system
- * Passenger-side glove box has 3 gallons of space for convenient, water-resistant storage.
- * Front Drive cage made from billet aluminum for increased durability
- * Excellent fit and finish in cockpit for reduced heat and dust in cab.
- * Durable dual clutch inlet draws air for low and high speed cooling.
- * Side Nets designed for easy in-and-out access.
- * Certified Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS).